Friday, May 29, 2015

End of Year Famous American Wax Museum






Today was a wonderful (and a tad stressful) as all of our amazing third graders prepared for their wax museum project FINALE!!! They have worked for three weeks on this project and did better than I could have every of asked of them. I feel fortunate that we had the opportunity this year to take our time on famous Americans and make it into a learning experience they will remember. 

Steps:

  • pick a Famous American and approve it with Mrs. Ridgley
  • research and find a biography on your figure
  • keep a citation page on research sites and books
  • write a speech 
  • create a project on figure (poster, PowerPoint, etc.)
  • think and find a costume
  • present
Take a peek at the fun we had!These three amigo's did an outstanding job! They all get a bit stage freight but turned on their charm during their performance! While I was telling another student that we had thirty minutes left and then we would wrap up and go out for recess. my recess, sports loving Michael over heard me.Michael: "NOOOOO"Me: (baffled}: "Huh???? What is wrong?" Michael: "I don't want to stop doing this"Me: "You want to keep giving your speech?"Michael: "yea...This is fun!"Can you say SUCCESS!!!!! Love that the kids enjoyed it so much! Makes my heart happy!This project was a real learning experience for them and they did a great job! Google Classroom was made it easy to get to everyone's turned in speeches for editing and revising! We will be using it a lot more next year! 

              

 I found this gem on my i Pad tonight as I prepared for this blog post. I assume she was getting into character by posing like Amelia! Love her to pieces and can not get enough hugs from her!

Great job today Gwyn!!!



I witnessed a first grader run up to Mrs. Wiggert to tell her how Abe had his speech stored in his hat! It was so delightful to hear the first grader so excited to see what he had learned! 

Great job Ocean!

Cami worked through some claustrophobia when the gym was packed and pulled through! She is such a trooper and did a phenomenal job! 

I heard several compliments on how wonderful you were Cami! Great job!


 


This little ladies mom came in today saying she was so nervous. She is such a sweetheart that I had NEVER heard one complaint from her in three weeks! 

You are amazing Lera! Great job today!!!


Theo worked extra hard on this project! He took an i Pad home nightly to work on his speech or project and had his speech memorized. he was so excited for this project!

Great job, Theo!!!


Our ENTIRE class did a SPECTACULAR job today and in the past three weeks! I am a proud (sad) teacher and do not want to let them go! Are you all okay with leaving them in third next year?


Enjoy your summer and look out for blog posts over the summer!
I have enjoyed each and every moment with your kiddos this year! Thanks for sharing them with me this year! I could not of asked for sweeter kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment