Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hi all!

Hi all, I am very excited to announce that our room arrangement has been a great success so far! The kids are loving it! Here are a few pics for you to look at and feel free to pop in if you want. 



The next day we read this book...and every so often during the book I would stop and they would sketch their mental image at the time. We talked about our mental images being different because our schema is different and that they are always changing.






Well I am going to leave you with this picture of my little cutie, who is now pulling up on EVERYTHING and he is ALL over the place. 

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations for making timed tests fun with a scoop of ice cream for their success!

    I’m retired now but taught for many years. So after understanding math, there were timed tests in my combined first and second grades. They used a bar graph to keep track of their scores. And much to my surprise initially, these children, like yours, loved taking timed tests. They were so disappointed if we couldn’t have one. Timed tests were for addition and subtraction with multiplication, and division tests for those who were ready.

    See my entry about timed tests:

    http://peggybroadbent.com/blog/index.php?s=The+Joy+of+Timed+Tests+in+First+and+Second+Grade

    ReplyDelete